Monday, January 10, 2011

Eat like an Aspie

As a child, there were some foods I could not eat. I wasn't stubborn. In fact, I was fairly adventurous, but some foods were inedible because of texture or taste quirks. For example, I remember cheese being very hard to eat, especially the overly smooth texture of processed cheese. (I still consider Velveeta, Spam, and Miracle Whip the unholy trinity of food-like products.)

Anyway, if you are raising an Aspie like me, you might appreciate some practical tips from the Happy Housewife. Although not directed towards those who manage spectravores, it does have some smart and specific tips for making it through the food wars.

1 comment:

  1. My boys will not eat vegetables, meat (with the exception chicken nuggets it is only one of the kids), peanut butter on waffles, chips and shredded cheese, only a certain brand of cheese, no fruit, no bread, pizza forget it. They will actually move away from you if you have a piece of pizza on a plate, let alone touch it and look like your going to touch them. We spent 2 years in treatment. It only made it worse .I finally gave up focusing on their diet. Except that my one twin will only drink milk. Eating is not an option.
    They are 16.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...